Update - On my way home (finally)!
- Jun 13th, 2019 at 12:29PM
Hey everyone, it's so great to hear how everyone is kicking butt this week. It's so inspiring. Keep it up, Team Camelot!
On my end, I'm currently sitting in an airport lounge in NYC waiting for my flight home to HK. It's been a long trip, and can't wait to get home. Here's a recap of my Week 3 thus far:
- Day 14 - arrived in NYC after 18 hours of traveling. Got in a run on a beautiful morning. Then headed to a one-year old's birthday party, followed shortly thereafter by my mom's 70th birthday party. Great times, but diet was NOT on point on this day.
- Day 15 - traveling again. Unfortunately, due to inclement weather, my flight was delayed multiple times, leaving me stuck at the airport for an extra 4 hours. By the time I arrived at my destination, it was late and I was hungry. I ate a normal-sized dinner, but not Kompliant. It was too late and I was too tired to work out on this day.
- Day 16 - Woke up bright and early and headed down to the hotel gym. To my dismay, no kettlebells at this gym. Instead, I substituted with dumbbells and adjusted as necessary. I did the Day 15 workout since I missed it yesterday. Felt great after the workout. Breakfast and lunch were pretty good, but dinner was a little bigger than planned. Overall, inched closer to Kenzai principles on this day.
- Day 17 - Another early morning at the gym. Did the Day 16 workout. Oh my gosh, that workout totally wrecked me. I was a hot mess afterward. Again, not totally compliant, but at least within the ballpark.
I will be in the air for Day 18, so will miss another day's workout. By the time I get back home to HK, it will be Day 19 and I will have missed two workouts this week. I'm currently thinking that I'll need to skip the active recovery/cardio days this week in order to get back on track by Day 21.
I can't wait to get on the plane, settle into my seat and pass out. I just want to wake up and be home.