Scott D.

Scott D.

Kenzai Member

One Week Abs

  • Jul 17th, 2017 at 8:32AM

So, I managed 5-days of the 8-minute ab work out this week and will continue to do it. I add the abs workout after the Kenzai stretches and then have another little stretch after doing the ab workout. I don't really see this as trying to be an over achiever, but my abs / gut is the area of my body that needs shaping up the most so the extra ab work out makes sense for me. Plus it's kinda fun hanging with the gang once a day, and the rapid progress and improvement in form is quite motivating. It's much easier to notice the gain through the ab workout than from other elements of the Kenzai workout program. Give it a try.

Everything else is fine, I've been staying on course with the diet, give or take a few missed snack meals. I, like many people on our program, have abstained from several social events, dinners and lunches. The workout routine has been a bit hit and miss since the weather has been rainy and I don't want to jump rope in the rain unless I really have to. So, sometimes it's morning and other times it's evening. But I haven't missed one yet. Although I did replace rest day skips with a boxing class... I figured that's on plan!

This week comes the true test. 10-days of travel. UK, home of the fry up. Switzerland, home of the fondue. Thailand, for a wedding and pad Thais. I'm not concerned about the workouts, but it's gonna take a load of planning and resolve to make sure I don't fall into the great big pie hole. It's reassuring to see that I'm not alone in these fears and that many others in our program have overcome and conquered in similar situations, which gives me confidence that I can too. I just need to plan ahead and make sure I pack a food bag, each day, for all the daytime snacks and meals. It's like being back at school. Perhaps I'll buy a snoopy lunch box and superman backpack, and do it like I did back in the good old days.

I'm looking forward to passing the half way point this week and am beginning to see the signs of a healthier me, so bring it on!

 
Want to leave a comment? Log in or sign up.

7 comments

Karen I.Karen I.Kenzai Member
about 1 year ago

Looking good Scott!
I forgot to do the 8-min abs workout over the weekend.. sounds like you're having fun with the 90s lycra gang! will look into it for sure.
Well done in sticking to all the workouts so far, that's no small feat. I have also been yo-yo-ing between morning and evening workouts, weather/tiredness etc being the reason...
Good luck with the travelling diet! Really want to hear how you go about it - I have a week of family travelling mid August, and am starting to worry about how I will cope. Fry-up, fondue and pad thais... resist away! Love your snoopy lunchbox idea!


    Georgina D.Georgina D.Kenzai Member
    about 1 year ago

    Yip - we all need a snoopy lunchbox. You're looking great. Keep it up!


      Melvyn P.Melvyn P.Alumni
      about 1 year ago

      Clever planning Scott. You workout extra now anticipating likely slip ups during your travels. It'll be tough resisting all that tasty food though. Good luck.


        Adelyn CheongAdelyn CheongKenzai Member
        Assistant Trainerabout 1 year ago

        You most definitely can Scott! Your resolve in this blog is already 80% of the journey.. the other 20% of getting it done may be met with obstacles and difficulties but you'll rock on fine! :) in case you haven't already seen this, here are some great ideas to surviving on the road :) https://kenzai.me/big-ideas/2016/2/5/kenzai-warriors-on-the-road Enjoy!


          Nate Belle IsleNate Belle IsleKenzai Member
          Trainerabout 1 year ago

          Gotta love some 8 minute abs with the gang!

          And I love the idea of the snoopy lunch box! I dare you! ;)

          Planning and being determined do most of the leg work, you got this man!


            Joseph J.Joseph J.Alumni
            12 months ago

            Hope the travel goes well. You've already planned pretty well so that's half the work done. Great commitment on continuing with the 8 minute ab work out. We can all see the results.


              Adelyn CheongAdelyn CheongKenzai Member
              Assistant Trainer12 months ago

              How is it going in the U.K. /Switzerland/Thailand Scott? Share some photos with us in a post when you get a chance please? :)


                Leave a comment

                Current

                Membership
                Membership

                Completed

                Kenzai Body
                Kenzai Body

                Kenzai Run 10k
                Kenzai Run 10k

                Kenzai Body 2
                Kenzai Body 2