Wow, can't believe that I am already 3 weeks in! I've definitely established some healthy routines, and it's exciting to know I have 9 more weeks to refine and reinforce them!
I work as a teacher and had the week off, visiting friends and family definitely provided some challenges, but I was able to stick to the diet throughout the whole week! It was also kind of fun to explain the diet to people, and use it as a way to encourage them to eat healthily.
I've been keeping up with the workouts and really enjoying the regiment. I've really been focusing on exhaling at the right time, and pushing myself until I feel the burn. My shoulders and arms are starting to feel stronger, which feels really good.
Other changes I've noticed include: pants being looser around the waist line, drinking less coffee, increased acceleration when running, and substantially better endurance.
PS I keep formating my posts into paragraphs, but the output is always one big blurb. I am using the mobile app on an Android phone.
Just finished my last workout of the week and I am feeling really good. The lessons about muscle growth, sleep, and stretching have really resonated with me and I am optimistic I will be able too keep up with the workouts and build some muscle!
I've really enjoyed the first week of the diet, especially the the increased vegetable intake. Using fruit to keep my energy up has been great, and I've found cooking clean meals to be much less complicated than what I typically cook.
Managed to get up early enough to do my workout before work every day this week and would 100% recommend it. The feeling of accomplishment it starts your day off with, coupled with being able to relax after work definitely reduced stress for me.
Looking forward to playing soccer tomorrow, and meal prepping for the week.
Keep up the hard work team!!
Finished the week by playing soccer for a couple hours then prepping some meals for the week. Excited about starting the diet and eating better. Still feeling sore, but in a good way. We cleaned up our home gym today and are going to shoot for morning workouts this week!
I realized I never responded to Patrick's questions so here they are.
1. What inspired you to sign up for Kenzai Body?
- A friend recommended it to me when I was telling them how I've been doing Intermetent Fasting. I am getting married in September and have been doing it with my fiancee to loose weight, we decided to try this to take it to the next level!!
2. In terms of the Kenzai Body challenge, what do you think is your greatest strength?
- I play Ultimate Frisbee and soccer and try to stay active by biking, skiing, and swimming, so I think that will help me with the cardio aspect of the workouts. It will also help me in terms of motivation becausethe workouts shluld boost my performance!
3. What do you think will be your greatest weakness?
- Keeping up with the blog! I do appreciate the community so I will do my best to be active 😊. I really appreciate the people on my team that have commented and encouraged me!!
Good luck this week everyone, you're going to crush it!
After not working out consistently for 2 months it feels really good to be sore.
Workout was nice today plus I did it outside!
Appreciated the support from my team when I saw it this morning. I'll do my best to reciprocate. I stopped using social media a couple years ago, but this definitely feels different.
Anxiously awaiting the meal plan, and enjoying a post workout beer while I can.
Workout felt good today. Tried a different jump rope and felt a better rhythm.
The otter kicks had my hip flexors popping a little bit, but I am sure that's because they are compensating for my weak lower abs.
Working on getting up early to do the workouts, failed today but I'll try again tomorrow!
Just finished the day 1 work out.
Jumping rope was harder than anticipated, and I went 8/5/8 with push-ups- really hoping to improve on those.
Squats and crunches were more comfortable for me
Looking forward to getting stronger